This certification requires that the applicant successfully pass an exam prior to certification. The applicant must obtain a score of at least 70% on an examination. The exam is open book and will cover:
- ATCP 93 – Flammable, Combustible and Hazardous Liquids Code
- SPS 305 – License, Certification and Registration
- API 1604 – Closure of Underground Petroleum Storage Tanks
- API 2015 – Requirements for Safe Entry and Cleaning of Petroleum Storage Tanks
Please click "Book Exam Appointment"
below to apply online for the exam online
. If you would like to print instructions and a blank application to fill out and mail please click here
For copies of current Wisconsin administrative code books visit the DATCP website: datcp.wi.gov/
For API materials contact the American Petroleum Institute at their website: http://www.api.org/publications-standards-and-statistics
The exams will be administered at any of 10 test center locations in the state on the second Saturday of every month for applications received by DATCP not later than 30 days prior to the test date. The exam schedule is available on at datcp.wi.gov
or call 608-224-4942
- You will receive the first available exam date unless you request a specific date.
- Within 10 days prior to the test date, you will receive a notification letter from Wisconsin Certification Examination Services of the exact test site and other instructions.
- You must provide photo ID to gain admittance to examination.
- We cannot guarantee a location you choose will be available.
- If you need special accommodations, please contact Wisconsin Certification Examination Services at OSERWIPersonnelPartners@wisconsin.gov
Courses and exams are also offered at Lakeshore Technical College. For a schedule visit their website http://gotoltc.edu/
or contact Ruth Semph by phone at (920) 693-1167
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, contact the Bureau of Weights and Measures at 608-224-4942
or by email at email@example.com
Book Exam Appointment
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.