This certification requires that the applicant successfully pass an exam prior to certification. The applicant must obtain a score of at least 70% on an examination. The exam is open book and will cover:
- ATCP 93 – Flammable, Combustible and Hazardous Liquids Code
- ATCP 93– License, Certification and Registration
- NFPA 30 – Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- API 1631 – Interior Lining and Periodic Inspection of Underground Storage Tanks
- API 2015 - Requirements for Safe Entry and Cleaning of Petroleum Storage Tanks
Please click "Book Exam Appointment"
below to apply online for the exam online
. If you would like to print instructions and a blank application to fill out and mail please click here
For copies of current Wisconsin administrative code books visit the DATCP website: datcp.wi.gov/
For NFPA materials contact the National Fire Protection Association by phone: (800) 344-3555.
For API materials contact the American Petroleum Institute at their website: http://www.api.org/publications-standards-and-statistics.
Certification exams are offered every month in Milwaukee, and once every three months in Madison, Oshkosh, and La Crosse. The full exam schedule is available here
- A minimum of three testers is required in order for an exam to be held. If less than three testers apply, you will be contacted to reschedule for an alternate date/location.
- Both paper and online exam applications and the applicable fee must be received by DATCP by the deadline indicated on the exam schedule.
- You will receive a notification letter from DATCP approximately 7 days prior to the test date confirming your exam enrollment. This letter will provide the time, location, and any other applicable instructions. If you do not receive a letter, please contact us at (608) 224-4942.
- Exams are proctored by UW Testing Services. DATCP staff are not onsite for the exam. You must communicate any requests or changes to DATCP prior to the exam date.
- You must provide a photo ID to gain admittance to the examination.
Courses and exams are also offered at Lakeshore Technical College. For a schedule visit their website http://gotoltc.edu/
or contact Ruth Semph by phone at (920) 693-1167
or email her at email@example.com
If you have any questions, contact the Bureau of Weights and Measures at 608-224-4942
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Exam Appointment
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.