This certification requires the applicant to pass an exam prior to certification. You must score at least 70% on the exam to pass. The exam application must be submitted along with the $35 fee 30 days prior to the exam date. The exam is open book
and will cover:
- ATCP 93 – Flammable, Combustible and Hazardous Liquids Code
- SPS 305 – License, Certification and Registration
- NFPA 30 – Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA 30A – Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages
- PEI 200 – Recommended Practices for Installation of Aboveground Storage Systems for Motor Vehicle Fueling
Please click "Book Exam Appointment"
below to apply online for the exam online
. If you would like to print instructions and a blank application to fill out and mail please click here
- For copies of current Wisconsin storage tank regulations visit the
- For NFPA materials contact the National Fire Protection Association by phone at (800) 344-3555.
- For PEI materials contact the Petroleum Equipment Institute by phone at (918) 494-9696.
The exams will be administered at any of 10 test center locations in the state on the second Saturday of every month for applications received by DATCP not later than 30 days prior to the test date. The exam schedule is available on at datcp.wi.gov
or call 608-224-4942
- You will receive the first available exam date unless you request a specific date.
- Within 10 days prior to the test date, you will receive a notification letter from Wisconsin Certification Examination Services of the exact test site and other instructions.
- You must provide photo ID to gain admittance to examination.
- We cannot guarantee a location you choose will be available.
- If you need special accommodations, please contact Wisconsin Certification Examination Services at OSERWIPersonnelPartners@wisconsin.gov
Courses and exams are also offered at Lakeshore Technical College. For a schedule visit http://gotoltc.edu/
or contact Ruth Semph by phone at (920) 693-1167
or her at email@example.com
If you have any questions, contact the Bureau of Weights and Measures at 608-224-4942
Book Exam Appointment
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.