Natural Body of Water Status (Required):
Applicants for new fish farm registrations must attach proof of status letter from DNR indicating compliance with s. 29.733, Wis. Stats. Call DNR at (608) 264-9257 for more information.
Type 3 Registration allows
Type 1 or Type 2 Registration
- All the activities allowed under Type 1
- All the activities allowed under Type 2
- Obtaining live fish or fish eggs that are susceptible to viral hemorrhagic septicemia from a wild source and selling/distributing them.
If you are not obtaining and selling/distributing fish or fish eggs susceptible to viral hemorrhagic septicemia from a wild source, you do not need a Type 3 fish farm registration. If you plan to sell live fish or fish eggs from your fish farm, please refer to the Type 2 Fish Farm Registration
. If you do not plan to sell live fish or fish eggs from your fish farm, please refer to the Type 1 Fish Farm Registration.
An annual fish farm registration (Type 3) expires on March 31 and is not refundable. The annual fee is
- $125 for registering 1-5 Type 2 & 3 fish farms
- $150 for registering 6-10 Type 2 & 3 fish farms
- $200 for registering 11-20 Type 2 & 3 fish farms
- $300 for registering more than twenty Type 2 & 3 fish farms
- Primary and secondary schools are exempt from fees
- Veterans eligible for an initial license fee waiver under
Veterans License Fee Waiver Program: 2011 Wisconsin Act 209 may be exempt from fees.
The registration may be obtained by submitting a completed application and appropriate fee to DATCP. To apply online click "Start New Application" below. To print a blank application to mail click here
If you have any questions, contact the Division of Animal Health at 608-224-4887.
Start New Application
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.