You may not inspect a tank system that is regulated under Wisconsin Administrative Code ATCP 93
for the purpose of administering and enforcing ATCP 93 unless you hold a tank system inspector certification issued by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP).
Your responsibilities as a tank system inspector include the following:
- Perform regulatory enforcement of related code requirements in ATCP 93 and SPS 305
- Issue noncompliance or violation corrective orders and conduct follow-up inspections as necessary
- Pursue failure to comply with corrective orders through local or departmental enforcement referral procedures
- Maintain a record of the inspections made, including the dates and the findings of the inspections
- Provide a copy of the inspection report to the owner of the tank system or his/her agent
- Make your inspection records available to DATCP upon request
Only those authorized to perform regulatory enforcement, such as state employees or local program operators acting as agents of the department, will be issued a Tank System Inspector credential.
The fee for renewal of the Tank System Inspector certification is $50. State employees are not subject to a renewal fee.
If you are a veteran, you may be eligible for a DVA voucher. Please contact the DVA at 1-800-WisVets or online at www.WisVets.com
for more information.
Your Tank System Inspector Certification is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.
In order to renew your Certification without having to retake Tank System Inspector training course and exam at Lakeshore Technical College, you are required to obtain 12 continuing education credits from a certified provider prior to the expiration of your Certification. For more information on how to obtain continuing education credits, visit our website here: Here
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.