This is the online application for the Grain Warehouse Keeper License. To apply online, click the "Start New Application" button below. PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register for a MyDATCP online account at the end of the process to ensure that you can edit or view your information later.
You will be presented with your invoice and payment options following the application process.
A Wisconsin Grain Warehouse Keeper License is required, if all of the following are true:
- You store grain for other people or companies.
- Your grain storage obligations exceed 50,000 bushels (all grains) at any time during a license year. A license year begins September 1st and ends the following August 31st.
- You do not have a federal warehouse license. [Chap. 126, Wis. Stats][Chap. ATCP 99, Wis. Admin Code]
Grain includes the following:
Corn, soybeans, wheat, oats, barley, canola, rye, buckwheat, grain sorghum (milo), flaxseed, sunflower seed, triticale, and mixed grain as defined in 7 CFR810.801.
The regulations pertaining to grain warehouse keepers under Chap. 126, Wis. Stats., and Chap. ATCP 99, Wis. Admin Code are intended to help protect grain producers from default by a grain warehouse keeper storing grain for producers.
To voluntarily license or required to license, continue with the application.
Licensee must have a current Certificate of Insurance on file with the department. This can be uploaded during the application process.
- If you do or have stored less than 50,000 bushels of grain from producers or others at any time or plan to store less than 50,000 bushels of grain, you are not required to be licensed.
- When renewing your license you must submit your application and make full payment for all applicable fees by the expiration on 8/31. Once you submit your completed application online, an invoice will be generated for the amount of your license fees for which you can also make payment online. Certain late fees and surcharges will be due if EITHER your application or fees are not received by expiration of your license on 8/31. To avoid any late fees and surcharges we recommend registering through MyDATCP and submitting your application and payment online by 8/31.
If you have questions, please contact Robert Klein at 608-224-4967.
Additional Grain Warehouse Keeper and regulation information can be found here.
Disclosure to Grain Warehouse Keeper Depositors
Letter of Credit
Example Scale Ticket
If you are reviewing the Grain Warehouse Keeper license, you may also need to review the Grain Dealer license. Information in regards to the Grain Dealer license can be found here
Start New Application
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.