WI Stautes and DATCP rules require that any person granting or offering hunting of farm-raised deer on premises in Wisconsin be licensed by the Department.
- This license only authorizes the hunting of farm-raised deer. Hunting of other animals in a farm-raised ranch is ILLEGAL.
An applicant must meet the following requirements to be licensed by the Department:
- Have a valid farm-raised deer keeper registration; for more information on this license click here .
- Have a valid DNR fencing certificate, if whitetail deer are present.
- There is a total of 80 unimpeded contiguous acres or more.
- Must pass a pre-license inspection.
A hunting ranch license is valid for 10 years from the date it was issued, provided the applicant continues to meet all the requirements of the license. The fee is $500 and is not refundable.
If you would like to print instructions and a blank application to fill out and mail please click here
If you have any questions, contact the Division of Animal Health at 608-224-4896.
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.