Natural Body of Water Status (Required):
Applicants for new fish farm registrations must attach proof of status letter from DNR indicating compliance with s. 29.733, Wis. Stats. Call DNR at (608) 264-9257 for more information.
Type 1 Registration allows:
Type 2 or Type 3 Registration:
- Private or public fishing, including public fee fishing
- Collecting eggs from your own brood stock
- Obtaining live fish or fish eggs from a source other than your own farm
- Selling or distributing live fish/fish eggs to a food processing plant, retail store, or restaurant
- Raising bait for personal use at your fish farm
- Moving live fish between Type 1 fish farms that you operate in Wisconsin
- Shipping live fish to a specific location for direct sale to counsumers for food provided certain requirements are met.
If you plan to sell live fish or fish eggs from your fish farm please refer to the Type 2 Fish Farm Registration OR if you are receiving any fish or fish eggs obtained from a wild source of a species that is susceptible to viral hemorrhagic septicemia and you plan to sell/distribute them, please refer to the Type 3 Fish Farm Registration.
An annual fish farm registration (Type 1) expires on March 31 and is not refundable. In addition, you may be subject to a surcharge if found to be operating without a license. The annual fee is:
The registration may be obtained by submitting a completed application and appropriate fee to DATCP. To apply online click "Start New Application" below. To print a blank application click here.
If you have any questions, contact the Division of Animal Health at 608-224-4887.
Start New Application
Note: Your session will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity and you may lose your work. Please set aside some uninterrupted time to complete the application.